Week 8 of the Ornament Along is here and I’m most definitely a giddy kipper about this Strip Tree Ornament. It’s easy peasy one two threesy as Helena says, so I hope you have as much fun as I did making them.
- 2″ Width of Fabric Strip
- 2″ strip of interfacing (length of fabric)
- Nine 1/2” beads
- Craft wire
- Seam ripper
I made a YouTube Video for this one, so head over there to watch ten minutes of fun.
If you don’t do YouTube or watched the video and was like what’s this cat talking about, here’s some additional guidance.
The first thing you’ll need to do is prepare the strip by fusing the interfacing onto the wrong side of the fabric. Next you’ll double fold the strip toward the center length-wise and then top stitch both sides of the folded strip.
- Next you’ll need to cut about 7″ of the wire and secure one end to one bead.
- Add a second bead to hide the twisted wire.
- Starting at the end of the strip, you’ll need to use a seam ripper to cut a slit into the strip that is long enough to stick the wire with the beads all the way through.
- Then, four inches from the initial insertion point, use the seam ripper to poke another slit into the fabric strip and fold the strip onto the wire through the opening.
- Measure another four inches, cut a slit into the strip at that point and fold the strip onto the wire at that point. Then add another bead.
- Repeat steps 3-5 reducing the measurement by 1/2″ each time you start over until you get to 1″ to measure at the top.
- After securing the two 1″ loops, add another bead and secure the wire by looping it onto the base of the top bead. Either add a hook or a ribbon on the tree and enjoy enjoy enjoy!
This week I am the sponsor the prize and I’ll be giving PDF versions of all 6 of my patterns.
So don’t forget to use the hashtags #ornamentalong and #striptreeornament when posting on Instagram to be eligible for the prize. And don’t forget to check out my buddy Tara’s site to see her Strip Tree Ornaments as well.
While I don’t promote anything unless I legit love it, this post contains affiliate links.