Australia’s devastating bushfires began in late July and show no signs of ending with the persistent heat and drought. Being in the southern hemisphere, they are entering the hottest summer months ahead.
To date, 24 human lives have been lost and over half a BILLION animals have lost their lives. 2,000 homes destroyed and over 17.9 million acres burned…To put that in perspective, this is an area larger than Denmark and Belgium combined.
This is serious business y’all and really hurts my heart so I’d like to do my part and contribute as much as humanly possible. Please join my online auction via Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/mrdauctionhouse to bid on some amazing items that were donated.
All proceeds will benefit the charities listed below. Bidding commences on Wednesday, January 8th and closes Sunday, January 12th at 5PM PST. Please donate generously!
- Red Cross’ Disaster Relief and Recovery
- The Foundation for Rural and Regional Renewal (FRRR), who support affected communities
- Givit, who specialize in donating goods to those in need
- RSPCA’s bushfire appeal to help fire-affected animals
- Wildlife Information Rescue and Education Service (WIRES) who rehabilitate injured wildlife
Below is a sneak peek at the available items. Please continue to check the auction listing as new items may be added!
In addition to this auction, there are other wonderful humans within the sewing & crafting community who have created opportunities to help.
Kristy of Quiet Play has two patterns where 100% of the proceeds will be donated:
- Love in Script sales for January will be donated to Australia Bushfire Appeal
- Koala Pattern sales for January will be donated to WIRES Wildlife Rescue
If you are aware of any additional fundraisers within the sewing & crafting community or maker groups creating items to help, please let me know and I’ll add it to the list.
Thank you the many makers who have donated for this auction and to this wonderful community for helping Australia is so many ways. My general philosophy when it comes to helping is that if you can, you should and it’s clear many other humans agree. Please share this blog post on your social media to help spread the word.
[mailchimp_subscriber_popup baseUrl=’mc.us13.list-manage.com’ uuid=’7cb8f88750148536623242803′ lid=’b4d592cf7e’ usePlainJson=’true’ isDebug=’false’]